The sixth coin in the series Hungarian Castles
The Castle of Kőszeg is first mentioned in 802. Its most famous moment was the siege in 1532 by the massive army of Sultan Suleiman during his campaign against Vienna. The late Gothic/early Renaissance arcade is one of the finest pieces of Hungarian castle architecture. The castle is located in the north-east corner of the city, which is still surrounded by the city walls and moats to this day. Remains of an ancient fortress were found in the castle’s courtyard, as the castle’s oldest predecessor.
and to the right the date “2015” and the mint mark “BP.”. The circular legend “MAGYARORSZÁG” is found at the top, while the legend “Jurisics Miklós”
is at the bottom, in handwritten style.